Big 5 Wildlife Conservation Experience for Families Zimbabwe! Take your family on a safari with a difference and become part of protecting and conserving the native flora and fauna. Based on a Big 5 game reserve, you and your family will be guided by a dedicated game ranger who will introduce you to bush life, wildlife spotting and conservation activities. Work alongside some of the Africa’s most exotic animals – think elephants, lions, giraffes, zebra, monkeys, buffalo, rhinos– and more!
- African sunsets – a wonderful end to a fun-filled day
- Hiking in the bush with a game ranger to get fully off the beaten track
- Taking your first game drive and glimpsing your first animal – what will it be?
- The on-site swimming pool is a lovely place to relax and unwind after a busy day
- Seeing the positive impacts that you are making to wildlife conservation in Zimbabwe
Spend your family holiday on a game reserve which is home to Africa’s renowned Big 5 – lions, elephants, rhino, buffalo and the elusive leopard – as well as hippos, monkeys, baboons, giraffes to name but a few. Conservation is a priority at the reserve, and each year they endeavor to plant over 20,000 trees to encourage biodiversity. On this memorable family volunteer project, you will not only make a genuine difference working as a team, but you will also make many happy memories – both of which should last a lifetime.
This family African wildlife experience takes you much deeper than just game drives – you can experience the thrill of seeing elephants grazing, lions dozing and hippos lounging in the mud as you head out to tackle the daily tasks.
What will we be doing?
The Zimbabwe wildlife conservation experience program is designed for families, and the volunteers’ role is suitable for children aged 7+. All of the conservation project tasks are demand-driven – they can involve, but are not limited to:
- A wildlife hike
- Sunrise and sunset game drives
- Tree planting and vegetation clearing
- Fence patrols, repairs and maintenance
- School community projects and feeding schemes
- Getting involved in the animal rehabilitation area
- Monitoring wildlife, completing game counts and wildlife surveys
Accommodation and food
- Most dietary requirements can be catered for
- Food is included throughout your stay at the reserve
- Breakfasts include cereals, bread, jams, tea, coffee and sometimes cooked options
- On-site en-suite family room or adjoining rooms, depending on the size of your family
- Lunches and dinners are buffet style and comprise of mainly western, African and Asian food
Airport: Victoria Falls International Airport
Arrival day: Flexible. You will be collected from the airport and transferred to the reserve
HOW TO APPLY
To start the process fill Volunteer application form and submit it for consideration and book your placement. For more information on how to get enrolled for the volunteering experience of a lifetime contact us. Or Give us a call | WhatsApp | Telegram | Viber | Imo at +254-796-786292 to talk to a Program Specialist.