OUR APPLICATION PROCESS HAS ENDED. PLEASE CHECK BACK IN LATE 2019.
We are no longer accepting applications for this program, thank you!
GVA Travel through our Go Volunteer Abroad program offers guaranteed paid volunteer work abroad for a limited number of successful applicants. You can choose work in agricultural jobs, conservation jobs, elderly care jobs, teaching jobs, medical jobs and so many other job opportunities such as hospitality jobs.
For anyone looking for an opportunity to work abroad and see more of the world whilst making yourself useful, GVA have a range of overseas work programs, covering several corners of the world. The Go Volunteer Abroad program gives you the opportunity to gain hands on experience, and receive well-paid work in Europe, Australasia, Asia and Latin America for the duration of 4-12 months.
Working abroad will not only enhance your CV but it will help in your future career prospects by showing your future employers that you have not only lived overseas but also held down a paid job! Most of our paid work program run for 4-6 months. Some people even choose to work abroad for a year. Plus, working overseas and earning money means you can fund further travel at the same time! This is a great opportunity to expand your horizons and gain professional work experience abroad.
GVA hand pick all our work abroad opportunities to offer genuinely meaningful and rewarding experiences to young people keen to broaden their horizons. With over 10 years’ experience in pairing people with matching volunteer placements across the globe, we know what’s involved to help you start off on the right foot and benefit from the program.
Is there anything cooler than to get paid working abroad? You get to work and travel all at the same time! Click on the red bars below to learn details and please READ EACH AND EVERY DETAIL/SENTENCE CAREFULLY, so that you can understand each and every requirement of the program before filling the application form! This saves your time & our time!! Thank you
Choose the country below and learn more about the available opportunities in that particular country. If you find one that best suits you, click and fill the volunteer application form. GVA is currently accepting volunteer applications for the 2019 program. The deadline to apply is December 15, 2018. Volunteer placements duration ranges from 4-12 months. GVA is offering a limited number of paid volunteer jobs in Australia, Germany, Sweden and Denmark.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- A citizen of any African country, currently living in Africa
- Aged between 24 and not older than 35 years
- Holding at-least a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- With at-least two years of "working" experience (any kind of work, whether voluntary/paid)
- Committed to returning to your home country after completing the program
- Holding a passport valid for at least six months with at least one empty page
- A registered member of Go Volunteer Africa
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic (CAR), Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini (formerly Swaziland), Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somali, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. (All African countries qualify to apply).
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
- Membership subscription fee (paid only after being accepted into the program)
- Application fee (paid only after being accepted into the program)
- Program registration fee (paid only after being accepted into the program)
- A copy of your passport/National I.D (Application Support document)
- Copy of your Curriculum Vitae (Application Support document)
- Copies of academic documents (Application Support document)
VISAS, FLIGHTS, INSURANCE, BOARD & LODGING
- Round-trip Flights, visas, insurance, board and lodging are paid for by GVA and employing partners abroad.
- Our partner will provide a participant with a small but reasonable monthly allowance/stipend to cover your expenses while working on the projects abroad. (Allowances are standard minimum wages)
- Our partner will also cover insurance policy and lodging for participant for the duration of their stay at the project site.
GVA SUPPORT TO PARTICIPANTS
- Pre-departure support & documentation
- Travel & medical advice & documentation
- Advise on visas, flights & equipment advice
- Project orientation & HQ Backup