Go Volunteer Africa is looking for volunteers to teach German language at our partner local high schools and Language Training centre in Uganda. This is an enriching and satisfying experience where the volunteer get the opportunity to teach children, youth and adults who are eager to improve their conversational German skills.
Our partner operates schools and a language training centre in Uganda. The Uganda German teaching Volunteers will work primarily as an instructor of German in a local high school and language training centre.
The German teacher will be required to teach 5 days a week. Saturday and Sunday are days off for the volunteer to enjoy some free time and there are occasional public holidays during the school term. Depending on school size, class numbers vary from 15-60 in a class.
- Teaching German classes in high school or Languages Training Centre
- Planning activities and producing resources to help students improve their German
- Introducing/sharing Germany contemporary culture through classroom and extra-curricular activities
The Uganda German teaching volunteer placement consists of teaching the subject of German language to school children for 2 lessons of a day, with each period running for 45 minutes and one evening lesson for 1hr to adults and youth at the language training centre in Uganda.
A local teacher will assist you in conducting classes during your first week to address any language barriers or concerns that may arise. You will be asked to run the class once the students become familiar with you.
Traveling to Uganda and teach as a volunteer on our program is an amazing opportunity. You get to experience Uganda’s cultures, explore exciting places and escape from the normalcy of everyday life. The Uganda German teaching volunteer project gives you the chance to learn more about education in Uganda, to see how students in other Uganda learn, to explore different methods and gain teaching experience most educators don’t have.
All of our volunteer projects in Uganda need volunteers who can bring new ideas, work with minimal supervision, and have a positive, self-starting attitude. Our partner in Uganda do not need just young volunteers, but older people with business skills and experience. You don’t need to pay to volunteer in Uganda, volunteering in Uganda is FREE and NO program FEES are required. You will be working from Monday to Friday in a busy school run by our development partner.
- Opportunities to use your own creative freedom to bring fun and creativity in classroom
- Developing your leadership and teaching skills
- Gaining an understanding of education systems in a third world country
- Experience working in a diverse team of people
- Working in an environment where your development is actively encouraged
- Immerse yourself in a different culture
- Gain international work experience
- Learn a new language
- Make a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Free accommodation and meals
- Free- group weekend safaris and tours
- Free visa/work permit extension if you can stay longer than 3 months.
- Possible permanent employment assignment with attractive benefits
|Availability:||Project open all year round|
|Duration:||Minimum 4 weeks commitment|
|Age Limits:||Minimum 18yrs or older for solo travelers.|
|Dates:||2nd or 16th of the month|
|Arrival dates:||1st or 15th of the month|
|Airport Arrival:||Airport pickup, meet and greet by GVA partner representative|
|Working Days:||Monday – Friday – 5 days a week, 6-8 hours in a day|
|Weekends:||Free – Travel / Sightseeing for long-term participants|
|Accommodation:||Host Families or volunteer house|
|Meals:||Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily|
|Support:||Pre-departure guide, In-country staff available 24/7|
|Location:||Wakiso & Mukono|