Best of Rwanda – a monthly group volunteer travel trip to explore the amazingly beautiful Rwanda. Known as the land of a thousand hills, Rwanda’s stunning scenery and warm, friendly people offer unique experiences in one of the most remarkable countries in the world. It is blessed with extraordinary biodiversity, with incredible wildlife living throughout its volcanoes, montane rainforest and sweeping plains.
Go Volunteer Africa is taking you to Rwanda on a group monthly volunteer and travel experience for 7 & 14 days in what we have named the Best of Rwanda. This Best of Rwanda trip is a comprehensive travel deal perfect for students who only have a few weeks off between semesters, as well as working adults with limited vacation time. If you are a retiree, lucky you!
- Start Date : January 12th 2020
- End Date : January 18th & 25th 2020
- Price : USD$ 970 and $1940
- Duration: 7 & 14 days
- Starting Place: Kigali, Rwanda
- Ending Place: Kigali, Rwanda
|Kigali City Tour (Bus Tour/Walking Tour|
|Genocide Memorial tour|
|Mount Bisoke Trek or Mount Karisimbi Trek|
|Nyungwe Forest National Park|
|Akagera National Park Safari|
|Gorilla Trekking Safari (Permits not Included in fees)|
Rwanda is at the center of the Albertine Rift, where deep volcanic forces are pressing the continental plates apart, you’ll discover a world of exquisite beauty and unsurpassed biodiversity. One of the main attractions is the amazing wildlife including mountain gorillas. In the capital of Rwanda, Kigali you can walk around and learn more about the brutal history of the country by visiting the Genocide Memorial Centre – this will be the cultural holiday of your life where you will learn about the country and resilient people.
Go Volunteer Africa offers the ultimate package for exploring Rwanda, you will get to make a social impact whilst enjoying the nature, natural beauty and culture of the country. This will be an eye opening educational experience for you too, we find it hard to believe you have ever visited a country like this before! You can expect local people to be very friendly and open to you, people are keen to move on with their lives and improve the country after the harrowing 1994 genocide in the country.
This trip takes place between January 2020. If that doesn’t suit your plans, see our similar monthly trips in 2020, and or contact us to ask about a private customized trip for yourself, family members, friends or university and college to suit your time, interests and budget!
Get a 5% discount, if you book this trip before September 27th 2019. Enjoy the bliss of living like a local, immerse yourself in the East Africa culture, go for exciting white sandy beach vacations, explore Africa’s wildlife and learn a new language.
VOLUNTEER TRAVEL PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENTS:
- Participants must be over 18 years of age at the beginning of the trip
- Participants must present a recent criminal background check to the Operations Manager at orientation day before the trip
- Fluency in English or French (in French speaking countries like Togo, Senegal, Burundi, Rwanda) is required to participate in the trip as all staff members speak English or French (some are multi-lingual)
- The trip is perfect for those who are dedicated to positive action! Through making a difference, our participants experience self-enrichment, increased self-knowledge and an unparalleled sense of fulfillment.
- Participants are kept busy throughout the duration of the trip with authentic volunteering experience, unique culture experiences, breathtaking tours, exceptional safaris, memorable experience, exciting treks and iconic photographic sceneries.
As with all of our trips, this volunteer travel trip too is for anyone interested in not just vacationing, but traveling with a true purpose.
Throughout this entire journey our goal is to make a positive impact on the people we come across all while getting off the grid and soaking ourselves into the local culture.
Go Volunteer Africa’s favorite thing, is being spontaneous and loving all the unplanned surprises we constantly come across during our travels.
- Three star accommodation throughout the entire trip
- Professional English/French Speaking Safari Guide/Driver/Counterpart.
- Guaranteed departures for two or more participants booking this trip.
- Transport in a comfortable safari/road trip van with open top
- All applicable Game Parks entrance fees
- All meals included while on trip
- Pre–tour itinerary document
- Extensive Game drives / adventures / Experiences
- In-country/Domestic flights/airfares where applicable
- Laundry services
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Gorilla Permits (USD$1500)
- International/Out-country flights/ airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided in the minivan while on trip)
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary
Discover the Best of East Africa with Go Volunteer Africa