Volunteer in Uganda Program! An important goal of Go Volunteer Africa is to help people get directly involved in making positive change. Go Volunteer Africa welcomes anyone who comes with a kind heart, open mind and sharing attitude at our volunteer in Uganda program.
The children and the general public served absolutely love meeting new people and their sweet personalities will almost certainly put a smile in your heart. Volunteering in Uganda is such a wonderful experience; you have the opportunity to teach and learn at the same time!
Go Volunteer Africa is supported by a network of volunteers that visit the projects and provide help and support. Volunteering is a great experience which makes a positive impact on the lives of all parties involved.
Uganda described by the late great Winston Churchill as the Pearl of Africa certainly lives up to its name. Set by the world’s second largest body of fresh water, Lake Victoria it is a green and fertile land.
Recent history records despots such as Idi Amin who decimated the country and introduced a reign of terror into what was one of the old colonial Empires finest assets, but nowadays Uganda is basically a very safe and peaceful country.
To join the volunteer in Uganda program is a life changing experience which you will never forget, volunteering in Uganda with Go Volunteer Africa is certainly not only going to put something into a desperately poor community, but also give you and adventure of a lifetime.
Our projects in Uganda are led by extremely charismatic young people who set up programs to help their own people to escape poverty and to help enable people who live deep in rural areas. Few if any of the major charities venture into these areas so with Go Volunteer Africa you will adventure into remote areas and do varied and interesting work.
A typical 4 week’s program would read something like this:
- Be met at Entebbe airport by our Country Coordinators and taken to the volunteers’ house or host family.
- The facilities would be a little different to those you are used to in that in some cases (depending on project location) you will have to use a latrine not a WC and the ’shower’ facilities consisting of jerry cans of water and some plastic bowls.
- You will however be well fed and the welcome will be greater than any you have known before, and this house will be your base for your stay.
- From here you will visit some of the community development projects run by our host. To do this you will probably use local transport and you will go by village taxi known as a “takisi” and Boda Boda and this will just be the start of your adventure.
- You may camp overnight or stay in a local house, and during your stay you may be asked to join in a debate at the school, check on some of the many Income Generating Initiatives. You will also get to meet many of the locals and certainly learn a great deal about Rural African life.
- There are nursery and primary schools supported by Go Volunteer Africa which puts a huge strain on its resources part of your donation goes to keeping the school as well as feeding and housing you, here you can actually see your money in action as we also give the orphans a meal every day. Sadly for some of these orphans this is the only meal they will get; your donations here will make a genuine difference, the secondary school supported by us currently has 600 students, basically orphans and abused young girls.
- Another activity that you will certainly take part in will be to help at one of the remote projects run; here you will certainly be going well off the beaten track into some of the very remote areas. In this case you will go by car, you may even have to push it some of the way, into some of the more remote villages, some are only accessible by what looks like a footpath and probably the vehicle you are in will be one of the very few that ever goes that way. Do not be surprised here if some of the children seem a little afraid of you as you may well be the first white person that they have seen.
- Here once more you make a contribution by helping with the administration of the projects, work with sick people-binding wounds , dispensing the drugs the nurse has prescribed, helping at seminars from those about HIV awareness to just demonstrating how important it is to wash hands. Once again you can actually see for yourself just how much help you are to a really remote community and just how little other help they receive.
- Here again you will generally camp although some time we get offered a stay in a village house
Working with Go Volunteer Africa shows just how working together with us you can make a difference you can not only help some of the poorest people in the world you also get to have an adventure of a lifetime.
For more information on how to get enrolled for the volunteering experience of a lifetime, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call | WhatsApp | Telegram | Viber | Imo at +254-796-786292 to talk to a Program Specialist.