Victorious Children’s Ministries Uganda was founded in 2009 by Robert Kirabira. He started up this ministry after being inspired by his own life and that of his family. He lost his father at a tender age and his mother single handedly managed the home. It was not an easy thing for her as she had Robert’s other siblings to look after.
Robert dropped out of school to assist his mother in taking care of his brothers and sister. In 2009, he started up Victorious Children’s Ministries Uganda (VCMU) in Kawanda, Wakiso District
Wakiso District is found in central Uganda and has an approximate population of 2,007,700 according to the 2014 census. This makes it the second most populated district in the country. The district is rapidly becoming urbanized, with the main economic activities turning away from agriculture to trade and industry. National Agricultural Research Laboratory (NARL), a unit of National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO) is found in Kawanda. NARL carries out crop research, focusing primarily on banana varieties and their diseases.
VCMU started in his home/family house with only three children. Even though everything was hard and they were feeding from hand to mouth, Robert never gave up on his dream. And with the support of the community, well wishers, donations, VCMU was able to start up a kindergarten school that has became a home to many of the children. VCM is now a registered Christian community based organization under Reg No WCB/31/11 in Wakiso kawanda kaayi zone.
We believe by empowering the children through the teaching of Jesus, to grow spiritually, physically, emotionally and intellectually, they will reach their potential in life and grow to be healthy, happy, responsible, caring adults who will make a difference in their community.
At VCMU, we are dedicated to providing the opportunity to grow up healthy and happy in a safe, caring, warm and familial environment, for children to truly reach their potential in life that otherwise may not have been obtainable. We cooperate and collaborate with local authorities and members of the community to offer a safe home, regular meals, clean drinking water, health care, an education and a new start for orphans, vulnerable and poor children within our community.
We are committed to child’s advocacy and a holistic approach in responding to the issues the vulnerable children of Kawanda and surrounding areas face.
Is to see children grow to be global citizens and obtain their full potential in life. VCMU wants to give children the tools to ensure that they will be able to reintegrate in their community as healthy, happy, responsible and independent adults.
- Teach the children and give them first class education that they could have missed out in life.
- Prepare three meals a day for the children and one meal for those that come from their homes.
- Make sure that the children access the best health facilities and care.
- Provide a clean and conducive environment for the children to sleep, play and study.
- Advocate for children’s rights.
- Provide a home to the orphans and homeless children.
- Be parents, friends and role models to these children.
- Teaching the kindergarten section
- Organizing sports activities for the children
- Playing with the children and even teach them songs
- Participate in general cleaning of the environment.
- If also interested, you could engage in preparing the children’s meals, farming/agriculture.
VCMU is currently catering for 110 children which include both those that are under their care and those that come from home.
Do you love children? Do you have a passion for changing children’s lives? Do you love volunteering and spending time with children?
Welcome to Victorious Children’s Ministries Uganda, a home for all!