Abaana Community Outreach Africa | Volunteer in Uganda
Abaana Community Outreach Africa (ACO-Africa) is a community based, non-profit organization committed to providing support for the most vulnerable groups in society.
You can now Volunteer in Uganda with Abaana Community Outreach Africa through Go Volunteer Africa. ACO-Africa is always looking for dedicated volunteers to participate in projects and activities meant to support the vulnerable children and poor communities of Masaka, Lwengo, Rakai, Kamapala and Mityana in Uganda.
Abaana Community Outreach Africa is a community based organization founded in 2009, that places an emphasis on education, health, psycho social issues, economic empowerment, and nutrition, human and environmental rights. Abaana Community Outreach Africa endeavors to ensure that children and other vulnerable people are made aware of their rights and are able to reach their full potential.
As a volunteer at Abaana Community Outreach Africa with Go Volunteer Africa you will:
- Gain new perspectives and insight into another culture and yourself.
- Experience another culture and country at a deep and personal level from the inside out.
- Gain hands-on experience that will distinguish you on professional level for career development.
- Make a positive impact on the community in the areas of education, childhood development, healthcare, and other social services.
Abaana Community Outreach Africa has mission to create sustainable socioeconomic changes capable of generating lasting impacts on communities affected by deprivation.
Abaana Community Outreach Africa supports and empowers communities, focusing on HIV-positive children, orphans and other vulnerable groups. The aim is that all children should receive primary education, health and other kinds of basic care.
Abaaana Community Outreach Africa Activities:
- Home and school outreaches.
- Capacity building and empowerment projects for women and vulnerable children.
- Initiation of income generating activities for needy families
- Human Rights sensitization and Advocacy.
- Community sensitization on nutrition, education value, sanitation & hygiene, environmental issues, healthcare.
The volunteer projects at Abaana Community Outreach Africa through Go Volunteer Africa will provide an unforgettable eye opening experience for a gapyear, vacation, spring break, summer break or career break for groups and individual volunteer travelers.