We’re looking for volunteers to give us a hand in our preschool and childcare support centre. The centre supports the less privileged children in our community in Uganda. It will be your role as a childcare volunteer in Uganda on this project to support the staff by engaging the children in educational and recreational activities.
Hours & Roster: 30 hours a week, weekends free
Selection process: Message us about your relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer with us and the dates you would be available
Tasks & Roles
We will provide you with personal development and an in-depth experience of another country. You are advised to come prepared, show initiative, and be self-motivated. You will be helping in the following two areas:
- Assisting teachers during their activities with the children.
- Helping the children with class activities.
- Teaching Basic English vocabulary.
- Taking care of the children during playtime
- Helping serve food and drinks during break times.
- Helping out in the kitchen
Helping with other activities such as maintaining the garden, painting, and preparing teaching material
Child Support Care Assisting: As a childcare volunteer in Uganda, you will support the staff by engaging the children in educational and recreational activities. Volunteers are encouraged to gear their activities towards education and using English as well as helping the children with homework and any other fun and useful activities.
- Teaching English and helping with school homework.
- Engaging with the children and being a role model.
- Leading recreational activities.
- Assisting with the upkeep of the home and any other help required.
- Mulching is a great option for lawn mowing because it provides nutrients that will help your grass grow naturally. It can also cut down you mowing efforts, since it reduces the need for bagging and disposal of your clippings. Unlike standard mowing blades, mulching blades will clip your grass into much smaller sizes, allowing your lawn to look neat even with your clippings still retained. The best mulching blades will comfortably fit your mower, offer durable output and deliver even on tough grass. This guide and review of the top products should help you find an ideal set of mulching blades for your needs.
Sleeping: Volunteers usually stay with the host family. Andrew is part of the host family and is experienced with international volunteers. You will get a single room or share a room with another volunteer.
Linen & Laundry: Please bring linen and towels. Laundry facilities available.
Eating: All meals will be covered. We also accommodate vegetarian and vegans.
Transport: Volunteers can be collected (and dropped back at the end of their program) at Entebbe International Airport. For those using a bus from Kenya or Tanzania via Kenya, you should get off at Mukono town; we shall arrange a pickup for you at any time of the day or night. If you are coming from Rwanda, Tanzania (via Mutukula), Burundi, a pickup from Kampa Bus Park will be arranged.
Visa Process: The volunteers are expected to organize their own visas and are fully responsible for attaining the correct visa (You need a tourist visa to volunteer with us). Most nationalities can get a visa on arrival at the Airport or entry point. We encourage volunteer to visit safaris and tourist places during their weekends as part of their stay as a volunteer in Uganda – we do organize the safaris and tours.
Sex and Age: Male and female volunteers are accepted. For solo travelers, you should be 18years and above, unless if you are applying for our teens programs where you need a parental consent letter. Couples and families are welcome and are accommodated.
Safari Bookings: Volunteers who want to go on safari during their stay in Uganda will receive a decent discount.